Friday, 9 December 2011

To stop thinking


I’m sitting at the Fishing Camp in Bheemeshwari, on the bank of the Cauvery River reflecting on a Saturday spent in the area. Fishing or not, it was a treat to witness nature’s dominance. This morning was a freeze and now, the sun is beginning to mellow down its ferocity, hiding behind clouds that promise rain –the usual unpredictable weather. The river is low, with an occasional gentle wave caught by the breeze. Fish is caught at the far side and that’s where I saw them –bulging pairs of eyes, flared nostrils, backs like logs – but those that can move upstream. Today however, I caught some buffaloes on the bank eyeing me suspiciously as they immersed themselves in muddy water. I just realised I should stop trying so hard. Being a keen observer will do for words to fall into place. Writing is a way to wake oneself up and feel alive and it is as effortless sometimes, as falling in love.

No comments: