I thought my phone was going to die. It blinked and buzzed incessantly,
trying to catch my attention. It does that a lot when I don't want to look at
it. Some texts inquiring about how well the studying was turning out, some with
their party plans, some, already drunk to their noses.
With pressure building, I (tried) to study for a subject which requires me to know the whole world inside out in just under a couple of hours. Just then, the whole (usually quiet) neighbourhood goes mental. It is 12 AM and a whole New Year. All over again. Memories rushed back in break-neck speed – What could have been, what didn’t, what should have, what will never be. And then the, what actually did.
"Hang in there”, I told myself. “There's light at the end of this tunnel. This is not how you're going to die."
With pressure building, I (tried) to study for a subject which requires me to know the whole world inside out in just under a couple of hours. Just then, the whole (usually quiet) neighbourhood goes mental. It is 12 AM and a whole New Year. All over again. Memories rushed back in break-neck speed – What could have been, what didn’t, what should have, what will never be. And then the, what actually did.
"Hang in there”, I told myself. “There's light at the end of this tunnel. This is not how you're going to die."
I needed a study break. I opened a new tab, looked at some more
beautiful people and apparel. I talked to myself again, "It's the power of
Photoshop and they don't own it all."
So negative. I didn’t like how this year was unfolding.
So negative. I didn’t like how this year was unfolding.
The next couple of hours were a blur. I didn’t remember anything. I
remember falling into a deep slumber only to wake up the next morning. You know it’s going to be a kick-ass year when on the second day of a brand new
year the first thing you open your eyes to is your mom counting, what looks
like (a lot) of money, and then she says, "Here. Now go get yourself some
retail therapy. You look like shit."
And then I grinned, all my evilness leaving me. I thought of all those things
that those heart-shatteringly beautiful people don’t own, but like to show off.
World’s best mom and money to shop. Enough said.
1 comment:
I remember dis ;) best thing ever :D
Post a Comment