Sunday, 28 October 2007

FRIDAY NIGHT ISN’T PARTY TIME……..!

Forward---->>> Back again!! This piece of work belonged to my golden school days.. I was really worked up and bored even before the weekend, so i sat up to write this on a Friday night..

I know what you might be thinking.. That i must be jobless to WRITE instead of PARTY! But well, I'm no slave to partying.. I am to writing.. But the title's a tribute to my one time favorite song, "Friday night is party time." --> Las Ketchup!

P.s - The characters are totally fictional! And i didn't intend any offense to the teachers! It's just my imagination running wild! So here it goes.



It can’t be yet another lazy Sunday night story ….well it’s at least quite close to reality.

I slept that dreadful Friday night with no sleep in my eyes except drops of perspiration. I was waiting for the sand man to drop that extra grain of sand in my eyes so I could catch a wink of sleep. The last thing on my mind that night was school. It was nothing scary but quite weird. Guess what I dreamt of……?! TEACHERS! So well there were no classes and stuff but just creepy, funny and wacky things.

There were some pretty weird grown-ups living there but could they be legendary creatures hiding under ordinary skins was my only fear.

It was lunch and I found myself conversing with my buddies. There had been a new teacher at school and she definitely looked creepy. We could feel her peering down at us flashing her green eyes. A polka-dotted bandana around her neck was pinned with the big brooch she always wore, and her red hair was tied with a green ribbon. She lived in the close by mansion which was said to have belonged to a mysterious man whom nobody had any idea about. His strange disappearance had brought the mansion down to auction and there we have it…..Ms. Jeepers Creepers had bought it!!

The one thing quite strange about her was that she loved bats! How creepy could that possibly get! And so we thought she had been one as she definitely looked like their Queen!

We never knew when she would have us for a main course of her meal. She had even organized a trip to the caves and our idea had been that she was going to serve us to her relatives on a silver tray with ketchup!! The other day she had invited us over for Halloween. It had been one uncanny feeling. She’d invited her friends who were quite strange as well. Some eerie sights met my eyes.

There were few of them dressed in black, with long white incisors which looked really spine-chilling. They called themselves vampires and what’s more they were all dressed just like Ms. Jeepers! Oh well, may be they were just her ‘close’ relatives. They were dressed in polka dots ….but I reassured myself.’ Vampires don’t wear polka dots!’. There were a few transparent things which looked like ghosts and they were consuming a whole lot of potato chips. That made me say ‘ghosts don’t eat potato chips!’ or I would’ve seen their digestion processes!


There were some green foul things which I saw as well. They called themselves aliens and they had silver rings on their yellow teeth….oh! aliens cant wear braces could they??!

What do you call those people who sail and plunder ships? Aha! Yes! Pirates. I saw a horde of them wearing pink sunglasses, like they were having an off-shore party in the Bahamas! Have you ever heard of pirates wearing pink sunglasses!! Noways! I saw those one of those angels who shoot arrows ….umm..cupid! I found them flipping hamburgers! And not to forget things like gremlins chewing bubble gum! Elves were wearing hats, draculas were drinking lemonade, dragons were cooking pizzas, big foots were square dancing, knights were playing the piano, ghouls were scooping ice-cream and Cyclopes were ball dancing!! Imagine all these things in a small place called brain!

I began feeling a little uncomfortable and I was close to slipping out of the huge teak doors when the clock struck 12. but to my surprise I was being surrounded by all those

Night creatures who had been boogying the night away.

My hands were sweaty and I was cold , drops of perspiration were embedded on my fore head like pearls . I snapped my eyes wide open……..and heaved a sigh of relief.

I’d just realized this was a dream. If this were to be true…………….

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ur stories just cant get bettr sniky its THE BEST!!!!!!!