Thursday, 18 February 2010

Being me.

As time goes by too prompt to hold
I wonder why I’m even told
“You are growing up so fast… How old?”
“I still remember you were 5, yet so bold!”

Looking back, I wish it would freeze,
All those memories, now a distant dream…
Colors and soap bubbles, Barbies and fun
temper and tantrums and then well, run!

School started with tears and ended with more
In between was life, love, dreams and experience,
Trust me – none of it close to convenience.
History came easy but math was so silly!
They’d ask us to find “X” whilst it was just right there!
Solving an equation became a pain in the medulla
My mom said I suffered from arithmophobia.
“Then what?! A whole book of problems!” I said.
Trust me, it’s treading dangerous boundaries right inside your head!

Loving and praying is something I love to do.
I keep secrets and promises, even if only a few.
But nevertheless, I learnt lessons, lessons for life.
That silences are swords and assumptions, termites.
Comparisons are dirt bags and thoughtless words are blows.
Jealousy could be a slug jar -
and insecurity - Something that should be kept far.

I grew up too soon or that’s what I felt
But I also grow everyday and love being myself.
I wish on stars, dream my dreams and love to smile
With sensitivity and passion, I feed on life.

I stand by my words and never regret them once,
decisions that I’ve taken, for at a point in time, that’s exactly what I wanted.
Conversations and surprises help me survive
They give me an excuse just to smile.
A laugh somewhere, a tear too,
They keep me going, but those are only a few.


I’m cloaked with change, I’m something new
Each day I grow up, now I know, it’s never too soon.

No comments: